St Julians, Malta, Full Time
Apply by emailing your CV to [email protected]
Zeply is a real Fintech success story – a rising star provider in the crypto space that is on a mission to change how the world thinks about finance. With the massive growth that our team has seen recently, we are on a mission to bring on talented individuals who are inspired to join our revolution to reshape finance with crypto. So, if you think you have what it takes to join a team built of innovators and work in a fast moving, fully regulated and dynamic environment, then come be our next success story. Help us accelerate the adoption of crypto by delivering a suite of products that gives everyone the power to transact digital and traditional assets from anywhere in the world all from one global platform.
At Zeply, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary and private health insurance, we’ll indulge you with perks, including:
- Dress: Wear anything you like to the office – and be as comfortable at work as you are in your own living room.
- Flexibility: Feel free to skip the commute on most days, and hit your deadlines from home based on our hybrid office and flexible hours policy.
- Food: Save hundreds of euros on food each year thanks to our daily snacks provided at the office.
- Discounts: Benefit from a variety of discounts that you get on gym and spa memberships, hospitals and clinics, restaurants and bars.
- Wellness: Ease off the financial burden on sports-related memberships by taking advantage of our sports allowance, not to mention our regular fitness challenges!
- Entertainment: Be part of our customary after-hour events that will surely help you integrate better with your colleagues and unwind from a hard day’s work.
- Training: Keep your skills up to date with our free training and education plans.
Experience: At least 5 years in
- In-depth work with databases, preferably with Mongo DB and PostgreSQL
- The AWS ecosystem
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker with ECS or Kubernetes
- Building highly scalable components
- Working in high functioning agile teams
Skills: You must be well-versed with
- Proper code quality and structure
- The ability to use unambiguous naming conventions to produce clear and maintainable code
- Regularly refactoring code to avoid technical debt irrespective of the original author
- Understanding where certain performance bottlenecks are and coming up with solutions to fix them
- Making proper use of industry-standard design patterns such as micro-services in an event-driven design
Characteristics: Being part of a team, you’ll need to have strong communication skills to eloquently deliver your ideas and at the same time empathise with your colleagues in order to work together to reach a common goal to the best of your collective knowledge.
As part of Zeply’s User App Team, you’ll be responsible to communicate, coordinate and collaborate with the rest of the team to expand further its goals. Along your journey to grow our product’s technical capacity, you’ll be responsible for:
- Participating in design and architecture sessions with key stakeholders, gathering and documenting business processes and technical requirements
- Ensuring code quality standards are enforced during the peer review process
- Helping product owners to provide feasible estimates during sprint planning
- Supporting the deployment process, including review of logs for errors after code deployment to all environments
- Defining code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable application with a minimal footprint
- Writing adequate unit and integration tests as part and parcel of your deliverables
- Being the project’s technical expert and providing unblocking decisions to the development team
- Monitoring and reducing technical debt while supporting constant improvements in the SDLC
- Maintaining existing applications and API’s
Though we understand that not everybody is lucky enough to work on technologies similar to what Zeply uses, it would be a great asset if you’d have experience in:
- Blockchain development
- Trading and Cryptocurrencies
- Pipeline-driven organisations
- Working within the Fintech industry
- Infrastructure as code
- Kibana and Elasticsearch
- Shell scripting and Linux/Unix systems in general
If this role is of interest please email your CV to, [email protected]